With Rosemary Sweet Potato Wedges and Arugula Salad
Prep Time: 10 mins
Total: 30 mins
Tools: Baking sheet, Small bowl, Whisk, Large Pan
Ingredients 2 People 4 People
Sirloin Steak 12 oz 24 oz
Arugula 4 oz 8 oz
Garlic 2 cloves 4 cloves
Grape Tomatoes 4 oz 8 oz
Sweet Potato 12 oz 24 oz
Rosemary ¼ oz ¼ oz
Balsamic Vinegar 2 T 4 T
Dried Oregano ½ t 1 t
Olive Oil 2 T + 2 t 5 T + 1 t
1. Prep ingredients: Wash and dry all produce. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. Havle the tomatoes. Cut the sweet potato into wedges. Strip the rosemary off the stems and roughly chop the leaves (you will want 1 heaping teaspoon). Smash the garlic gloves with the side of your knife.
2. Roast the sweet potato wedges: Toss the sweet potato wedges onto a baking sheet with smashed garlic, rosemary, a drizzle of olive oil, and a pinch of salt and pepper. Place in the oven for about 20 minutes, flipping halfway through cooking, until golden brown.
3. Make the vinaigrette: In a small bowl, whisk together the balsamic vinegar, 2 Tablespoons olive oil, and ½ teaspoon oregano. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
4. Cook the steak: Heat a drizzle of olive oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Season the steak on all sides with salt and pepper. Add the steak to the pan and cook for 2-3 minutes per side, until browned. Transfer the steak to the baking sheet in the oven to finish cooking for 5-7 minutes, or until cooked to desired doneness. When the steak is done, remove from oven to rest for 5 minutes.
5. Warm the vinaigrette and tomatoes: Meanwhile, add the vinaigrette and the tomatoes to the same pan used for the steak. Let them cook slightly with the residual heat from the pan.