Char-Broiled BBQ Chicken
with Summery Potato & Green Bean Salad
Prep Time: 10 mins
Total: 30 mins
Tools: Large pot, Slotted spoon, Medium bowl, Foil, Baking sheet, Strainer
Chicken Thighs 12 oz 24 oz
Potatoes 12 oz 24 oz
Green Beans 6 oz 12 oz
Basil ½ oz 1 oz
Scallions 2 4
White Wine Vinegar 2 t 4 t
Mayonnaise 2 ½ t 5 T
Barbecue Sauce 2 oz 4 oz
Olive Oil 1 t 2 t
1. Prep ingredients: Wash and dry all produce. Preheat the broiler to 500 degrees. If your using a grill instead, you can fire it up to high! Trim then thinly slice the scallions, keeping the greens and whites separate. Cut the potatoes into ¾- inch pieces. Thinly slice the basil leaves. Trim the ends of the green beans.
2. Cook the potatoes : Place the potatoes in a large pot of salted water and bring to a boil for 10-12 minutes, until fork-tender. Remove the potatoes with a slotted spoon (keep the water boiling on the stove for later!) and place them in a medium bowl. Gently rinse under cold water to cool.
3. Broil the chicken: While the potatoes cook, place the chicken thighs on a lightly oiled, foil lined baking sheet. Season on all sides with salt and pepper, then coat the top side with half the barbecue sauce. Place the chicken under the broiler for 5-7 minutes. Flip the chicken, coat with the remaining barbecue sauce, and broil for another 7-10 minutes, until lightly charred and cooked through. If your using the grill, just brush the sauce on towards the end of cooking.
4. Cook the green beans: Add the green beans to the boiling water and cook for 3-4 minutes, until crisp-tender. Drain, rinse under cold water, and thoroughly dry. Finally, cut the beans into 2-inch pieces.
5. Make the potato salad: Toss the green beans, basil, scallion whites, mayonnaise, and 2 teaspoons white wine vinegar into the bowl with the potatoes. Season generously (to taste) with salt and pepper.
6. Serve: Serve the char-broiled BBQ chicken on a bed of summery potato & green bean salad. Garnish with the reserved scallion greens, enjoy!
Source: hello fresh