- 6 white mushrooms (about 3 oz.), washed and sliced
- 1 15oz. can white great northern beans, drained and rinsed
- 3/4 cup frozen or a handful of fresh spinach
- 3 cups (9oz.) bow tie pasta (or other bite size pasta), uncooked
- 1 and 1/5 cups chicken stock or water
- 1 cup half and half (a half milk and half cream, available at the dairy section) or whole milk
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- In a large saucepan, melt butter.
- Add sliced mushrooms and sautee until cooked and fragrant.
- Add spinach, beans, pasta, chicken stock, half and half, onion powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Stir all together.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, over medium heat. Stir often.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer until the pasta is done, about 15 minutes. Stir from time to time.
- Remove from heat and let stand for 10 minutes. Stir and serve
source: crunchy creamy sweet