- 1 tbsp canola oil 1/2 onion,
- chopped 1 zucchini,
- chopped 1 red bell pepper,
- chopped 1 garlic clove,
- minced 1 low-sodium chicken sausage,
- sliced into 6 rounds (try: Trader Joe’s)
- 1/4 cup dry quinoa
- 1/2 cup low-sodium chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 can fire-roasted tomatoes 1/4 lb shrimp,
- peeled and deveined Sea salt and pepper,
- to taste 1 green onion, sliced thinly
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Saute onion, zucchini, bell pepper,
- garlic and sausage slices for 5 minutes.
- Add the quinoa and toss to coat, about 2 minutes.
- Add broth and tomatoes to skillet and bring to a boil.
- Then reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 10 minutes.
- Add the shrimp and cover the pan. Cook an additional 5 to 10 minutes, or until the shrimp are opaque and cooked through.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Remove from heat and place onto plates. Top with green onions. Serve.
source: Oxygen women fitness